The 17 Coolest Things About Steve Jobs
December 19, 2016
Seriously, Look At That Thing
He was basically the Burt Reynolds of consumer technology.
4. …Who Also Made Lasers
What does your dad do? Something less cool, right? Thought so.
5. He Had Kind Of A Syrian Cary Elwes Thing Happening For A While Too
6. He Drove A Silver Mercedes With No License Plate
He leased a new one every six months to avoid having to register. Pretty awesome.
8. He Had a Thing With Joan Baez
Maybe because she herself had a thing with Bob Dylan? It’s weird, but definitely cool.
9. He Priced His First Computer At $666.66
Closet satanist? We’ll let you decide.
10. He Drank Ant Poison Once When He Was A Kid
11. He Used To Stick Pins Into Electrical Outlets Too
12. He Was Really Into This Beach Ball
Who can blame him? It looks pretty cool from here.
13. He Hung Out In Pixar’s Secret Room A Lot
It’s a legit secret room, only accessible through a hidden hatch in an animator’s office. Jobs loved it, and hung out there all the time. From Walter Isaacson: “It reminded him, he said, of the one that he and Daniel Kottke had at Reed, but without the acid.”
So, less cool.
14. He Raised Hell In School
“You should have seen us in third grade,” he once said. “We basically destroyed the teacher.” Awesome.
15. Apple Co-Founder Woz Once Prank-Called the Pope, Pretending To Be Henry Kissinger
Jobs didn’t make the call but he was in on it, which is still pretty cool.
16. He Had A Sweet Apartment
When he lived in New York, he lived in one of those towers. Pretty cool.